|Did you ever dream of dancing and swirling around the ballroom floor, like those in some classic movies - or dancing fun, hot Latin and swing dances like in Dirty Dancing and numerous other more recent movies - moving in rhythm to the music? Now you have the chance to do both, for an amazingly small amount of money!
USA Dance, Inc. Carolina Heartland chapter located in Guilford County, North Carolina will be giving a 1 year free membership with 4 group dance lessons, by professional instructors, for only $25 to those who become new members between now and September 29, 2014! (The dance classes start Sept. 8, so don't delay!) Read more about the dance lessons and schedule here. If this sounds exciting to you, you can receive a New Member Starter Kit that includes:
You won't become an expert in a month, or a year. However, with classes and practice, you can learn to be a better social dancer than those on the TV dancing programs. You'll be leading and following and moving around the dance floor, while having fun and making new friends.
- 1 hour Waltz class. American Waltz is a favorite at weddings as well as a descendant of the fast waltz danced by European royalty for centuries.
- 1 hour Rumba class. American Rumba is a slow, romantic Latin dance with easy to learn basic steps.
- 1 hour Swing class. Swing is a favorite fast dance, related to Jitterbug, Jive, Lindy, Shag and others. A fun dance that goes well with swing music, popular, rock, country, and other styles of music.
- 1 hour Cha Cha class. Cha Cha is a fast, syncopated fun dance that works with much Latin, popular, and country music.
- 1 year membership with Carolina Heartland chapter of USA Dance.
- A free pass to one monthly ballroom dance; each dance includes a 45 minute group lesson before the dance.
- Free access to our large library of instructional dance videos.
- The best dance floor in Greensboro - for the classes and the monthly dances.
- A descriptive list of the dances usually done at local ballroom dances, and some dance terminology.
- An introduction to the Greensboro Ballroom Dance community, where there are usually dances every weekend.
- A free monthly newsletter detailing our chapter's events and people, and other local dance information.
- A free quarterly magazine from USA Dance that has valuable information for all dancers, ranging from beginners to DanceSport competitors.
- A list of merchants that give discounts with your USA Dance, Inc. membership card.
These great benefits are worth $100 or more, you can have them for $25, including a Social Dancer membership in USA Dance, Inc, Carolina Heartland chapter! Just fill out and mail in this form and you can be dancing better than you ever dreamed in a few weeks.
Carolina Heartland is a chapter of the national amateur nonprofit dance organization USA Dance, Inc. We have dances on the 2nd Sunday at Guilford Grange in western Greensboro, and 4th Friday at Bryan YMCA on Market St. downtown. We have members from Greensboro, High Point, Burlington, Jamestown, Chapel Hill, Winston-Salem, Mt. Airy, Danville, Eden, Kernersville, Summerfield and other locales in central North Carolina and southern Virginia.
Our ballroom dances feature a wide variety of strict tempo (i.e music speed doesn't change) music suitable for dances such as Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Hustle, Rumba, Mambo or Salsa, Swing, Tango, Waltz, and West Coast Swing. Our dances are always held in venues with great wooden floors, refreshments, and ample free parking. Partners are never required - we have many single dancers.