Articles of Interest
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/usadance_adminsupport/chapters.usadance.org/pages/article.php on line 4
Chapter Board Meeting Minutes 3.12.2017Chapter Board Meeting Minutes 3.12.2017
CAROLINA HEARTLAND Chapter USA Dance ##6092
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
March 12, 2017
Board Members Present: Terry Whittington Charlie Hafer, Marty Bergman, Melanie Whittington and Linda Jackson. Absent: Trudy Atkins and Jerry Snyder, Mark Lichtenberger. Guest: Larry Jackson
Call to Order: The Board met over dinner at Bravo's restaurant
Black Tie: the majority of the meeting was devoted to clarifying logistics related to the black tie.
- Decorations; tables, trees, hanging basket/poles, trellis/hotel to provide tea candles with mirrors on tables; Linda to check on napkin color – Linda; Linda to check and see if there is somewhere we can deliver the decorations the day before set up and store in a nearby room
- Photographer – elected to forgo this expense; Linda is designing an area that could be used for folks to take pictures with their cell phones
- Menu – Terry to call and check on this
- Music – Terry/no program/ Mark to help with set up
- Transporting decorations – Terry offer his trailer
- Reservations – Charlie is collecting
- Table assignments – Marty; Linda to get last year's place cards from the trailer; Marty will determine any others that need to be printed and Terry offered to print; Terry has picture frames with table numbers that we can use again
- Ushers – Bob Perry
- Dance Hosts – Marty to make contacts
- Registration – Mark and Marty
- Workshops – May (Adina Harper) - August (Jordan Jewell proposed)-October (no teacher assigned).
We will continue the practice of allowing free admission to the evening dance for those who attend the workshop. During May, August and October there with be no second Sunday dance and no lesson before the Saturday evening dance due to the afternoon workshop.
Member incentives: Charlie will write an article highlighting these in the next newsletter. These were passed by the Board at the December 2016 meeting.
- DJ (to also include an optional gift in kind compensation of $60)
- Decorating/cleanup volunteers ( up to 2) Grange dance only
- Teller at dances
Showcase: the date of September 17. 2017 was confirmed; it was suggested that this be a good time to start additional fundraising such as 50:50 tickets to help raise additional money to fund USA related events such as the Carolina Classic or Triangle Classic.
Marty Bergman, Secretary