Articles of Interest
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/usadance_adminsupport/chapters.usadance.org/pages/article.php on line 4
Chapter Board Meeting Minutes 4.10.16Chapter Board Meeting Minutes 4.10.16
CAROLINA HEARTLAND Chapter USA Dance ##6092
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
April 10, 2016
Present: Terry Whittington, Melanie Whittington, Mark Lichtenberger, Cherrie Wheaton, Charlie Hafer, Marty Bergman, Trudy Atkins and Jerry Snyder. Absent: Robin Borsos
Call to Order: Terry Whittington called the meeting to order at 1:40 pm at the Grange.
Minutes: The March 16, 2016 minutes were approved. Mark moved and Jerry 2nd the motion with unanimous acceptance by the Board.
Treasurer's Report: Charlie reported a balance of $6439.86.
Black Tie- April 16th at the Koury Center:
- Event Set Up: Melanie and Terry to get there between 8 and 9 am on 4/15; set up shouldn't take more than two hours; Terry is finalizing details with the caterer. We need tablecloths to be on the tables or available for us to put on the tables in order to place centerpieces on the tables. Charlie will bring the USA Dance Chapter Poster from the Grange.
- Decorations – arrangements to be done at Linda Perry's home on Thursday with time available on Friday if needed
- Ushers – Bob Perry to lead up volunteers
- Tear Down – a signup sheet to be circulated at the meeting, plus some folks at the dance will likely pitch in and help
- Future planning – consider starting advertising for the 2017 Black Tie in conjunction with the 17 DAYS Arts and Culture event in September/Showcase; consider increasing the cost for next year
- Membership – applications to be available at the check in table; Charlie with bring them to given to Al and Lynda who will be staffing the check in table
May Workshop –planned for 5/14 2-4 pm; Melanie arranging instructor/lesson – possibly Allen Berryhill
May Dance: The usual second Sunday dance was rescheduled due to Mother's Day. It will also be 5/14 from 7 – 10 pm. Trudie moved that anyone who attends the afternoon workshop gets free admission to the evening dance Charlie seconded the motion which passed unanimously. Charlie reported he would be unavailable to serve as teller for the May dance and a volunteer was needed.
Dance Venues: There was general discussion without any decision. The consensus was for everyone to keep their eyes/ears open for other options.
Charlotte Dancesport Competition: The consensus was that due to the Black Tie, funds are not available at this time for scholarships. Cherrie suggested planning a budget that included a planned dollar amount for the year. Terry suggested planned events to fund scholarships. Marty suggested 50:50 raffle tickets to be available starting in May.
College Outreach: Jerry will follow up with Wayne Crowder re: connections at Elon College; there is a possibility the dance team leader. Mark with talk with Dale Flowers to see if she has a connection at UNCG.
Future Outreach: Trudie to investigate Carolina Heartland being part of the National Folk Festival. Mel Paterline has made the connection to be part of 17 DAYS.
Adjournment: A motion was made by Cherrie and seconded by Jerry to adjourn the meeting at 2:15 pm
Marty Bergman, Secretary